Terms and conditions
Our horse riding trips can be booked at the tourist information centres in Lofoten, at hotels and travel agencies, on our web site or by contacting Hov Gård Riding Centre directly:
Horse riding trips are payable on arrival at Hov Gård Riding Centre if no other arrangements have been made in advance. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Diners and American Express.
Horse riding trips are refundable in full if cancellation is given more than 48 hours prior the start of the tour (except for multi-day tours).
Cancellation policy for multi-day tours
All cancellations must be in writing. Cancellations will be charged as follows : More than 30 days prior the start of the tour the cancellation is free of charge; cancellation made less than 30 days prior the start of the tour will be charged a fee of 50% of the booking, and if cancelled less than 15 days prior the start of the tour there is no refund.
- Children under 8 years of age may only join our riding trips with the express approval of our staff. Children under 8 years of age may only take part on the ride entitled “Lofoten on Horseback”, and only by prior arrangement.
- Our horse riding trips are not suitable for pregnant women.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants are not allowed to take part in our horse riding trips.
- Those taking part in our horse rides must do so of their own free will and are obliged to inform the courier of any circumstances which may affect their ability to take part on the ride.
- Rucksacks or bags may not be taken on the rides. However, storage facilities are available for the safekeeping of your personal belongings, however at your own risk.
With your welfare in mind we have done everything in our power to ensure that these horse rides will be safe and pleasant, and we ask you to confirm the following when making your reservation:
- I am joining the horse ride of my own free will
- I consider myself capable of taking part in the ride
- I am familiar with Hov Gård’s instructions and safety measures and agree to follow them in every respect
- I am aware that there’s a certain risk taken by participating at any horse activity
- I have informed the courier of any illnesses I have which may influence my ability to take part on the tour (e.g. epilepsy, asthma, diabetes) and of the medication which I take for said diseases
- I am aware that the operator’s liability does not extend beyond accidents which may occur due to errors or incorrect use of equipment by the company’s staff and/or negligence on their behalf. I bear personal responsibility for any damages caused by myself due to my own carelessness or failure to follow set/given/published instructions
- I take full responsibility for any personal belongings I choose to bring along on the trip
- I am not under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicants
- I am not pregnant
We put safety first and consequently all our horse rides are subject to weather conditions. If we at any point consider the trips unsafe at any level, we have the right to arrange for a new trip at another time.